AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whole farm insurance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

kggonzo
Posted 1/21/2017 16:58 (#5784036 - in reply to #5783989)
Subject: RE: Whole farm insurance

Northeast Nebraska and Candelaria Philippines
The quotes "should" be the same regardless of the provider. It's a federal program with the same rates and rules regardless of the agent you buy from.

The cost of the WPRP will differ depending on the level of coverages you have for your main crop policy. The WFRP policy uses the "liability" figure off your underlying MPCI policy. We don't know what those values are yet because the project price or spring price hasn't been established yet.

For example ,the WPRP policy might provide a million in coverage. If you buy 55% on your underlying coverage on your MPCI you might have 385,000 of coverage there. If you buy 80% you might have 560,000 in coverage on your MPCI.

Someone above mentioned buying 75% on the RP MPCI policy. I don't know all the details of your operation so I don't want to paint with too wide of a brush, but in general, I'd buy lower levels of MPCI coverage with a WFRP policy

The WFRP policy can work 2 ways. 1. It could increase your total available coverage without adding too much cost, or 2 it could provide similar coverage to what you have now at a lower cost.

I should add another. 3. if your agent doesn't know what they are doing it could provide little coverage and end up costing you in a claim situation.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)