AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whole farm insurance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Archery dog
Posted 1/21/2017 11:55 (#5783575 - in reply to #5783301)
Subject: RE: Whole farm insurance

Schochoh Ky
Hey Flat, that is what I'm hearing from Dave Jansen . It seems to have a fit in western Kentucky, where there is lots of diversification. We do not have any irrigation, if we did , it would be another enitity and lower the premium. Looks like we are in the 8 dollar range to protect 80% gross income .We like the old grip type insurance, so we could be uncovered in a localized drought or disaster. Example is the June 10 ,2013 tornado that came through south Logan county.Basicly only went across three operations , pretty much totaled the wheat it went across, and we had grip.Im leaning towards it to pick up quality issues associated with head scab in wheat. You know as I do , wheat here is great or a disaster.Im going to get three quotes from three different groups , just to see how much they vary. Thinking about dropping back to a 75% rp policy and using the saving on a wfrp.I would like to here your premium as a good friend was quoted low 6 dollar range on his but he has seed beans and has three pivots. He also has no tobacco which raises rates. Thanks Richard
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)