AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WaveVision Seed Sensors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

doublev35
Posted 1/19/2017 21:22 (#5780196 - in reply to #5780121)
Subject: RE: WaveVision Seed Sensors

NW Iowa
Using a compuTrak 350 monitor(top of the line!). All John Deere with ProMaxx 40 meter and ground drive, very basic. I feel like it would work just fine without but may cut out and cannot have that, like you stated I will need to have it

Also considering putting eSet meters on for a season to see how they do. What I don't like about the ME XP row units with 3 bushel hoppers is that the double eliminator is not very accessible to make precise adjust as seed varieties change, unlike the pro series meters on CCS planters. What ends up happening every year is we set it on 50% of the flat cell on the disk covered and leave it all season since it is time consuming to play with and adjust all 12 rows on box planters with that silly wobble design on the doubles eliminator. eSet meters are supposedly more forgiving for small and varying seed sizes so I might try these, ONLY because I have them available to use. Thoughts on this? I like that you can run higher vac pressure in the 20's on eSets but don't like that they do not last like the Deere meters, though we do not cover many acres.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)