AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hooking up FMX to ISO ready CIH
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mdnelson86
Posted 1/19/2017 10:16 (#5778831)
Subject: Hooking up FMX to ISO ready CIH

Paxton, IL
I'm working on getting a new-to-me magnum 245 setup.

This tractor is guidance and ISO ready. It has all wiring for a pro600/700 display and the ISO connector on the back of the tractor.

I will be using an FMX for steering and Field IQ for section control and seed monitoring on a planter. I was thinking I could unplug the CAN harness from the factory ISO connector and plug in the CAN from the FMX there. Any reason that wouldn't work? Do I need to put a terminator on the unplugged Case IH harness?

Then I got to thinking a step further, Is there anyway to integrate both a pro 700 and FMX into the same ISO connector, or do they always need to be completely separate? The reason I'm asking is that I also have a 1245 planter (using a pro 700) that is pulled by another tractor. I'd like to have the 245 available as a backup to pull the 1245 in a pinch if needed. So it would be nice to have all the cabling intact for a quick setup. I know with my original plan, all I would have to do is switch which CAN harness is connected to the ISO plug, but that's just one thing to forget and there's no point in that if there's a way to have them both hooked up from the beginning.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)