AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag loses in trade war, per China
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/19/2017 08:07 (#5778525 - in reply to #5778454)
Subject: I hope he wants the right thing

Pittsburg, Kansas
Support can take many forms.

I hope his support is in the form of maintaining a level playing field where renewables are not put at an unfair disadvantage to oil. Removal of the support to oil via reducing the war machine and subsidies in the way of governmental monoply and physical military protection would be support in my book.

As far as subsidies, freebies, and give aways of taxpayers money, I would just as soon he not support renewables in that fashion.

Ethanol, now that it is established, is doing fine on its own without big brother coddling. Anything the government gives away does not come free. It gives someone an advantage to someone else disadvantage. And big players always find a way to exploit that advantage.

Look at farming as an example. Government regulations and subsidies have encouraged big farming over little farmers. There is no way our operation would be the size it is without subsidized crop insurance and cheap subsized interest (artificial low interest rates take from savers and give to debtors).

Be careful what you wish for in the way of support. Heavy governmental support would very likely mean large corporations would eventually control it all like most industries already are. Heavy governmental intrevention is usually only good for the ones that learn to take advantage of the system. And that is never the rank and file taxpayer.

John

Edited by John Burns 1/19/2017 08:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)