AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

School me on digistar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/20/2017 07:13 (#5780742 - in reply to #5780290)
Subject: RE: Probably asking about Terrastar correction

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Actually all of that. I have four Ag Leader modules on the rear of a Deere 1770NT. Two deal with seed, they are the Seed Tube Monitor Module for population monitoring and the Clutch Control Module for controlling seed sections (12-2 row sections). I use starter fertilizer which is delivered by a ground driven piston pump. The starter fertilizer is monitored (not controlled) by an Ag Leader Application Rate Module which is connected to a flow meter in the starter fertilizer line. I also spray while planting so a Liquid Product Control Module is used. It monitors and controls the spray by using a flow meter for input, a Raven control valve for output along with 4-6 row sections using four ON/OFF valves. In addition, the Insight, then Integra and now InCommand works with auto-steer to steer the tractor.

The multi-product unlock is needed any time more than one "product" is being utilized at the same time. I need the multi-product because I am working with at least three products while planting (Seed, Fertilizer and Spray) most of the time. I actually have four, if I do a split-planter (Seed variety A, Seed variety B, Fertilizer and Spray). Even if a person only did split-planter for different varieties of seed at the same time, the Multi-product is needed since more than one "product" would be involved.

Prior to this planter, I needed the Multi-product unlock on my other Ag Leader display since for a time, I used a Raven Injection pump on a sprayer. The injection module worked alongside a Liquid Module to inject pure chemical into the spray stream on-the-go. Since two "products" were involved the Multi-product unlock was necessary.

Bottom line is any time you desire to work with more than one "product" at the same time (even if they are both just seed), the unlock is needed. The unlock lives within the display and stays with it. There are no special unlocks for basic or more complex setups. It either has it unlocked or not.

Edited by tedbear 1/20/2017 07:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)