AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

controlling a double-link plow with IntelliSlope
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

gpsdude
Posted 1/19/2017 21:57 (#5780305 - in reply to #5779427)
Subject: RE: controlling a double-link plow with IntelliSlope

NE South Dakota Clark, SD
I am guessing it has Latec or similar slope sensor. It allows you to monitor what the tail is doing. In extremely hard conditions the tail can start to run high so you would put some down tonnage on to keep the tail down. The opposite would happen in a very soft bottom condition. Trimble, AMW or SD Drain could control the tail, but would not typically be done. Intellislope is not capable of dual channel control. One other issue against Intellislope would be your different pin positions on the shank. You would have to build a completely different machine profile for each position and switch every time you changed holes. That would not be the end of the world, but I am not sure how it would handle documentation with a different machine on the same task. That would be a good question to ask Ag Leader. The last item would be the hydraulic valves that are on the Bron plow. Most commercial plows I have worked with use Danfoss valves that use use half system voltage(12 volts on a 24 volt system) as neutral and increase or decrease voltage to control up and down. In theory you could add your Parker valve, but I would be concerned about having enough flow to control the larger cylinder.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)