AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for activities to entertain boys on a long trip
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

GLW
Posted 1/14/2017 15:03 (#5767830 - in reply to #5765454)
Subject: RE: Looking for activities to entertain boys on a long trip

Northeast Illinois

Coming from Minnesota drop down into Chicago from Milwaukee. Take Skokie Hwy (41) in which eventually turns into Lake Shore Drive near Northwestern University. After the nice drive down Lake Shore Drive stop at the Lincoln park Zoo to let the boys burn off a little energy. I'd even spend a night at a place like the Tremont or maybe the Whitehall , which are both a block off Michigan ave.

Another activity would be to get on the red line (subway)  a couple blocks from the Tremont . I think there is a stop at Chicago and State and take it down to Chinatown. Its only 5 or 6 stops down the line and a nice place to visit and do some walking, don't leave though without getting the Dim Sum. 

Download the uber app so you don't have to mess with the cabs and park around 900 north michigan, There are a couple of parking garages in that block off Michigan ave. Then let uber do the driving, they seem cheaper than cabs and you don't need to tip. 

Wife and I raised 5 kids and we live 40 miles sw of downtown Chicago, so we,ve visited the city many ,many times. 

Hope you have a safe trip and you have a spell of decent weather to go with it. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)