AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thank You for Speed Queen Recommendation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Haoleguy
Posted 1/9/2017 13:30 (#5755831)
Subject: Thank You for Speed Queen Recommendation

Hi folks - I want to thank this community for the multiple recommendations given on laundry washers from Speed Queen. It so happens that my sister and brother in law live in Los Angeles which is far far away from me. They are getting up in years(76 & 85) and had their 4 year old Kenmore laundry washer crap out. Based on the responses on this forum and knowing they prefer no frills I did a little homework on the Speed Queen website to see which model would suit their needs. The following day I called them to make a suggestion and found out they had been in a horrific head-on auto collision with my sister in the hospital recovering and my brother in law at home. Last thing they needed was to worry about a washing machine but then again the laundry starts to pile up and landed on my brother in law to do the laundry. So I made phone calls to local LA appliance dealers and found one with a washer in stock and could deliver, hook up, and remove the Kenmore within 2 days. All went very well and the washer functions fantastic. My brother in law has macular degeneration which makes most things difficult. Turns out the simplest Speed Queen doesn't have tactile indicators where the wash cycles are on the dial or knob. I contacted Speed Queen(Alliance Laundry Systems) by email to see if they had some ideas on how to make their systems easier to use for visually impaired folks. I received an email from them on a possible solution for the knob to include a pointer. They sent me one right away, free of charge, which I have now sent out to LA with some raised sticky dots to place at each cycle start. My impression is that Speed Queen is a first class company and cares about their customers. Thank you again for pointing me in their direction. I thought they only did commercial systems........Sincerely, Gary
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)