AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 6320 temperature sensors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Nssatter
Posted 1/8/2017 17:48 (#5754184)
Subject: John Deere 6320 temperature sensors

Cartersville Ga
I just bought a 6320, after it runs for 10-12 min the temp light and blue round i light turns on, plus the temp needle goes from cold to red hot within a second when the lights comes on. I can turn the switch off-on without stopping the engine and lights and gauges clear up for another 10-12 min.
While replacing the coolant temperature sensor I noticed an extra "male" wiring plug. This harness isn't used and I only have one sensor in the thermostat housing.
Any advice on this extra plug or why the warning lights come on?
I did plug my old coolant temperature sensor in the "extra"harness ( just let it hang outside the engine) and let the tractor idle for 30 min. No warning lights nor did the needle move, any! I unplugged the old sensor from the extra harness and the warning lights came on and needle pegged hot after 10 min idle. Plugged the sensor back in and warning lights went off needle went back to cold.
I did shoot the engine in several locations with a thermal gun after idling for 30 min with warning lights on. I was getting readings between 95-125*.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)