AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ebay sellers getting worse
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Pat H
Posted 12/6/2016 07:59 (#5679327)
Subject: Ebay sellers getting worse

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like folks have some fairly valuable things where they completely fail to have any more than a basic description and unreadable photos of labels. I'm sure lots of these guys are industrial dumpster divers, but some are real businesses that should know better if they want to sell it. There is also the crazy high prices of some items (ie. $10000 for a dewalt drill) and I assumed it was so it came to the top of a price based search, but when I, out of curiosity, asked the seller replied they have things priced correctly.

Ebay is typically an expensive way to reach a lot of potential buyers and their rules seem to flip flop at times, but is craigslist and other industry specific classified ads (like nat's) taking away business and the sellers that are left are the 'who cares' crowd?

PS: I was looking at magnetic flow meters which tend to have pretty descriptive labels on them and are very widely used. When I first looked at these many years ago, ebay was just starting to get more industrial stuff, but 12 years later you'd think this sort of product that's been sold on ebay since then would be better represented. Admittedly ebay's search system is probably more fine tuned for beanie babies (do they still have those?) and I'm missing all the properly represented flow meters.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)