AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Oliver 1650 gas running problems - UPDATE
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Oliver Farmer In MI
Posted 12/5/2016 20:11 (#5678455)
Subject: Oliver 1650 gas running problems - UPDATE

Seemed like it was running out of fuel. Had a similar problem end up being a bad condenser on our 550, so we started there. No change. New coil. No change.

Brings us to tonight. Sediment bowl gasket disintegrating. Cleaned and replaced it. Made sure fuel line was clear. Elbow at carb was clear. Jet in carb was clear. Reassembled carb and turned on fuel. Gas poured out of carb. Took bowl off. Tweaked float. Turned on fuel. No leaks. Also no start. Would fire on starting fluid. Dropped bowl. Dry. Tweaked float. Fired up and ran for a minute, then died out like before. Dropped bowl and found it half full. Tweaked float to allow more fuel in bowl. Also did my best tweaking to allow float clearance in bowl. Float is about level when needle seats. Reassembled carb. No leaks. Fired it up. Ran good. Ran the throttle up and down. Restarted several times. I swear it doesn't turn over one full revolution before its running. Too late for a test drive down the road, but I think I may have it licked.

Check for sticking floats inside the carb! And yes I will go back and see who called that one. Someone did.

Not saying I am out of the woods yet, and I will post another update after a long test drive. Thanks to all for the help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)