AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deciding on seed corn varietys. How do you do it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jcfarmboy
Posted 12/6/2016 08:28 (#5679395 - in reply to #5678275)
Subject: RE: Deciding on seed corn varietys. How do you do it?

South Western Ontario, Canada
northernsand - 12/5/2016 20:27

Z.A.Enterprises - 12/5/2016 19:37

@ Thud,
It's funny (actually not really funny) to read that you still think that Mycogen is one of the seed brands being sold in Ontario.
About 1.5 year ago, Mycogen merged with Hyland Seeds and it's been named Dow Seeds.
As a Dow Seeds dealer I just complained to the sales manager at head office that I see all seed companies advertise in all kind of farm papers but I never see a Dow Seeds ad.
His answer was that they walked away from that and now do radio and internet advertising..................................
Never heard Dow Seeds on the regional radio and we all hate pop up ads on our computer so that may have an adverse affect.
Bottom line is they have a lot of work to do to get at the same level of brand recognition as the big companies.
I just hope you will never forget the brand Dow Seeds anymore LOL

I heard a dow seeds corn radio ad... my god they need to work on their hybrid naming. "Dow seeds hs5wr24P" was basically what i heard.

Edit: nobody grows dow seeds corn... just doesnt yield.

Wrong.......it is grown BUT they are marketed towards the livestock market. Its completely different market for livestock verses cash crop.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)