AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

army corps halts dakota access pipeline
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 12/4/2016 21:13 (#5676444 - in reply to #5676303)
Subject: RE: army corps halts dakota access pipeline

South Central Iowa
Alright whatnot, BobC, and MattNWOH; what are they protesting exactly? A pipeline? Why? Is it an eminent domain issue? An Indian Reservation Issue? Or just an anti-oil, anti-energy, gathering of left-wing activists? These people think that they are going to stop global warming or some such sort of thing by stopping this pipeline; there are people in it who posses the fanaticism of a cult.

I don't care if it is ethnically diverse; that is the dumbest thing I have heard. Does that make it more legitimate? Great input there Whatnot!

The air apparently needs cleared here because you three seem to think that Neanderthal is a reference to the Indians. It is not. It is an insult to radical anarchists who show up at protests like this all the time. You see them at NATO meetings, WTO meetings, G7 and G20 meetings. They often cover their faces in balaclavas and don't bathe or shave. They like to break out windows and flip over cars and behave like primitives; hence the Neanderthal usage. Most of them are white. But you three apparently see that word and somehow connect in your mind that it is a reference to the Indians. That says a lot about the thought processes in your minds.

Now BobC; pot kettle black, let's break that down. What is an issue I care about? How about deer destroying portions of my crop fields. I am not legally allowed to kill the trespassing deer. There is a process but it is purposefully long and arduous in order to deter people from attempting to receive a permit in Iowa from the DNR to kill the damaging varmints. It requires an economic damage assessment and visits from the state among other things. The State considers themselves the owner of these deer. They charge residents and visitors for the right to kill the trespassing animals which they claim to own. They do not reimburse me for the damage that their deer cause. Instead they buy farms that farmers would like to buy with that money. They then have the gall to rent that farm to farmers along with a laundry list of demands for how it will be farmed. They then use that rent money, along with the money from their trespassing deer which I pay to feed, to buy even more farmland. So this hits some of the points of the protests in the Dakotas; abusive government, environmental damage, and eminent domain.

So what is my response to this? Have you read any articles about someone burning debris in front of the Wallace building in Des Moines BobC? Have you read anything about someone throwing rocks at the employees at that building BobC? Have you read anything about interstate traffic being blocked BobC? Have you read anything about scuffles with law enforcement BobC? No you haven't. Because I am not a Neanderthal like your beloved radicals up there. You apparently don't know what pot calling the kettle black means do you BobC?..... No, you don't.

5,000 is a tiny number of people. You understand nothing about leftists protests if you think that is large. A girl was struck last week by a concussion grenade and the media made a big deal about it. If I recall she was from Washington state. Why does that matter Conan? People from Washington state have a right to protest too you say. It matters because it shows that these people assemble from all over the country and I would wager there are more than a few international people (besides Canadians). 5,000 is tiny! Radical leftists see activism as their way to make a change and mold society in their way. They are revolutionary types who see their mission as working as a collective for common cause and action. They want to be in demonstrations, protests, and groups. They see this as rallying the proletariat and using the numbers of the masses to overwhelm a system. This desire for activism leads them to travel great distances to be part of whatever "movement" is in vogue and they are attaching themselves to. So when 5,000 people are there, they represent a pretty large fraction of all of those who desire to be there.... TINY!

Edited by Conan the Farmer 12/4/2016 21:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)