AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2017 Farm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 12/4/2016 12:26 (#5675081 - in reply to #5674835)
Subject: I lived through the 1980s...

I lived through the 1980s.. My uncle left farming as a career.. As did many others.. A friends father took his life as he was in a dark spot emotionally as well as financially..

The 1980s for ag were Horrible... Policy waited too long to adjust... While we fought rising interest rates.. Falling asset values.. Tight rural bank regulations pushing banks to Quickly clean up non performing assets.. And a mass exodus.. From rural America.

Why do we have to repeat that?

We can use market forces to bring supply in balance with demand.. We pulled acres out of the crp during the boom... While now it's time to "conserve" those productive resources for the future.. Vs a race to the bottom... That is just wrong minded in my humble opinion.

In regards to politics.. And the support that Bernie sanders or Nancy pelosie may obtain in future elections.. We're on the verge of nationalizing health care.. Free college.. Etc.. The love affair with Fidel Castro.. Who was a tyrant.. Etc..

I'm for common sense market reforms.. But I guess if you want to let the other side have a crack at it... I'm sure their day is coming..

Edited by JonSCKs 12/4/2016 12:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)