AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 12/4/16*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 12/4/2016 11:34 (#5674983 - in reply to #5674647)
Subject: RE: *****Weigh Ins For 12/4/16*****

just a tish NE of central ND
Tis the season for over eating all right....
I dont post much here, and loosing is tuff.Been on the roller coaster all my life Finally got stuborn in 2010 and stuck it out for a short while. (like I said, roller coaster)A freind once reminded me, shouldnt be as hard to loose this go around, "you already know how to loose weight,you just have to get serious about doing it again."
What I found is that loosing or maintaining weight has more to do with seperating ideas of what you need to eat and what you want to eat. Being busy can be both good and bad...When you are real busy it is hard to eat less , your stomach is still craveing and your mind must think about you burning calories and must drive you to want more... When it gets quieter and there si less to do, The hardest part for me is to leave the leftovers and snacks and candy treats /drinks in the fridge ect alone between the holiday dinners and also before gatherings.Especially during the long dark evenings we have now.Even popcorn and tv are a bummer..I find it hard to only have a small taste of the "not so healthy" foods or to avoid them when they are present and everyone else has had some. grrr......
That said, Ive had a good week...Everything in moderation.....Avoided a lot of carbs and sugars and followed more protein route a little stronger. Meats and veggies. Biggest problem with fruits is they have natural suggars which = calories. Problem is we need a little of everything.
I am happy for those of us who can maintain weight at a desireable number with very little effort. What I fail to understand is those who can intake a lot, never make that effort to maintain and never gain a pound.....Id like to join that group but find I dont qualify. (: LOL!
One surely doesnt want to eat BLAND stuff.... but Mustard is a low calorie food and Ketchup isnt too bad in calorie content. HONEY BARBAQ sause and a big PIZZA can de-rail your weightloss mission effortlessly.

Edited by School Of Hard Knock 12/4/2016 11:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)