AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Field Boundaries
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 12/5/2016 09:42 (#5677154 - in reply to #5677013)
Subject: RE: Field Boundaries

Between Omaha and Des Moines, 7 miles South of I80

jamaicaecil - 12/5/2016 08:34

Or you could take your tractor out by itself over the winter to make boundaries and ab lines.

Did this when I first got the ag leader system and worked good. Then when it's time to plant set it and go, no need to waste time trying to get everything established, just make a configuration for the tractor by itself to make a survey. And with rtk no worry about drift.

I did that exact process, when I got the Ag Leader setup. Even though, I'm only on WAAS, I still like having each field, in the Integra monitor.

Yes, I know my WAAS boundaries do shift; but when you spray the field's perimeter, I have autoswath OFF, anyways.

On Waterways(up a sidehill), I tend to spray a perimeter around them, then I start to spray crossways,again, for normal field contour, I just let autoswath shutoff each section, as I come into the newly made  "sprayed perimeter around waterway", that is already sprayed. {note: one warning, with any WAAS "saved grass waterway perimeter=Internal Boundary" is to shutoff the master switch, when your booms truly crosses that grass area = your "line shift" of a WAAS internal boundary, that was saved 2 years ago, might be off by 2 feet, thus the boom might turn on/off quickly, just due to line shift, and spray some grass. This isn't that much have a hassle, but you need to be aware of that issue.} I'm only spraying at 5-6 mph , so I have time to flip the Master Switch, before and after the grass area. Plus, I tend to slow down some, for the bump thru those grass waterways, anyway.

Someday, when a person gets setup, with 36 sprayer sections and RTK saved boundaries, with electric solenoids, at each spray tip, then a farmer could just drive right thru any waterway, at an angle, and just let "Autoswath" handle everything. (My dream setup, I guess)

Yep, I'd say use the tractor, this Winter, and get it done.(Farm names, field names, outer and inner boundaries)

Note: Inner boundaries CAN'T touch an outer boundary, so when I drive around items, like terraces, to create an inner boundary; I had to make sure I keep my GPS signal roughly 1-3 feet away from my "previously driven" imaginary outer boundary {Example: after you drive an inner boundary and try to save/record it, BUT you accidently drove into your "outer boundary"; the Ag Leader monitor will tell you that inner boundary isn't any good, and you will have to drive it again.} Yes, I had to drive a few terraces, twice or 3 times, because I got too close and intersected that outer GPS boundary; that was previously saved/recorded inside the monitor.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)