AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

US $$$/Ruble and Double 00 Beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Rosco
Posted 12/3/2016 10:09 (#5672876 - in reply to #5672801)
Subject: RE: US $$$/Ruble and Double 00 Beans

Galahad, Alberta
Guys are trying to move their tough/damp/wet product into the elevators for whatever reasonable price they can get to make it someone elses problem, not theirs. Hearing a few horror stories about canola spoiling in bins already. There are pockets of the prairies that are largely done, and pockets that have a big percentage still out. NE and NW Alberta still have a lot to harvest. If guys "here" are sitting on any feed grain, I think they are going to want to move it before spring as the market will be flooded by all the poor quality stuff coming off then.
Locally, in my mind, prices seem to be climbing nicely in spite of a decent crop. Field peas pushing $9, canola above $11, good quality wheat $7. Barley is lagging. I think there will be some good pricing opportunities in Feb/Mar
As for combining in the snow, you want it to get down to - 20 so the snow doesn't melt when it goes through the machine. Most guys combine through the night and put the machine in the heated shop during the day to thaw out.
Rosco
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)