AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Direct Command on Demco Sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/2/2016 11:10 (#5670903 - in reply to #5670655)
Subject: RE: Direct Command on Demco Sprayer

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I'm a little confused by what the sprayer currently has. You say it has 3 Raven control valves. I assume you mean that it has 3 Raven section (ON/OFF) valves. I'm a little confused about the MT-3400 and the TeeJet box.

I have used an Insight for spraying for many years. I used to work as a Tech and we installed lots of them. I'm guessing that you may have an Insight available that is used on your combine for yield monitoring or otherwise you have a loose Insight available.

For the Insight to work with a sprayer, you would need the Insight itself and a GPS which may be moved from some other vehicle. In the tractor there needs to be a switch box. There are a couple of ways of handling this. The old way (still available and works fine) consists of a switch box that was wired to an Auxiliary Input Module which was connected the CAN bus harness that powers the Insight. Another option is to get a CAN switch box in which the Auxiliary Input Module is built into the switch box. Either route will work fine. The CAN switch box reduces cab clutter.

This link shows the two choices for a switch box setup in the cab. The upper one is the CAN switch box, the lower one is the module itself. A switch box would be needed (not shown) with the module. Scroll down until you see the picture.

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=671105&mid=565...

Another module that is needed is the Liquid Product Control Module. This is typically mounted on the sprayer itself but could be mounted elsewhere. It attaches to another CAN connector in the display cable. The Liquid Product Control module has an input for a flow meter. It has outputs for a control valve and the section On/Off valves.

You will need a flow meter, control valve and section valves on the sprayer. I would suggest going with a Raven flow meter and control valve as they work well with the system. I would avoid using the 3/4" Raven control valve and go with the 1" control valve. The control valve must have limit switches in it. The liquid module will work with the Raven on/off valves with the proper wiring.

If your Insight has the auto-swath unlock, unlocked you will be able to have the Insight shut off the boom sections for you. If it is locked you will need to shut them off yourself. If you desire to have auto swath, the unlock is still available from Ag Leader. If you are buying a used Insight for this situation, it will be a good plan to get one that is already unlocked since the price won't be much more than a locked version.

All spraying functions (other than folding the booms etc) are handled through the Insight. You will be able to see an onscreen map of where you have sprayed as well as being able to enter the target rates etc. The summary page will give various totals and averages.

Edited by tedbear 12/2/2016 11:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)