AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Finance question about assets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

GrainTrader
Posted 12/1/2016 13:39 (#5669005)
Subject: Finance question about assets

20 Miles West of Indianapolis Indiana
I've been doing some infrastructure building the last couple years building bins on some owned land of my wife's and mine. Also some tiling on owned and rented land. I'm now in the process of putting up a shed. These are all non liquid assets. And tough to put a dollar figure on. I have a need for the shed for my seed business and for storage of equipment. So I'm not going to not build it, but a discussion in machinery talk of building a bin vs buying a piece of equipment and its ability to be liquidized got me worried that I may be getting too much money tied up in things the bank could quickly depreciate in value on a balance sheet and kibosh a future purchase of a needed piece of equipment?

As long as these purchases are adding value to my operation/business and have a good ROI or at least carry themselves on payments should I worry at all?

My main concern is if land became available to rent and I needed to upgrade equipment to a larger size to handle it, and for operating loan money needs.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)