AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

School bus tragedy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Tomcat
Posted 11/23/2016 16:31 (#5652828 - in reply to #5652124)
Subject: RE: School bus tragedy

Ludington/Manistee MI area
a4t-1600 - 11/23/2016 10:31

I get sick of this seat belt discussion involving buses. I have some close involvement with a couple of school districts due to doing some work on the busses for them. You need to go watch the fire drills that are state mandated the first week of school . Then you need to answer how a person can get 60 screaming kids out of a bus being the one and only adult on the bus---------this is without seat belts. Add seat belts and see how it goes.

my guess this driver was a employed by Laidlaw or one of the other contract companies-----------In my eyes they are who should be under the microscope not the bus or the matter of seat belts. Oh and for a `bit of thought the kids who are challenged physically and mentally usually have seat belts. There was a disaster several years back where several of these kids were killed when a brake got hot and started the bus on fire----------Even with the best fire proof materials it still burned way to fast and lives were lost.

With all the technology we have auto release on belts incase of fire should be possible. Honestly my nine month old has figured out how his car seat latches work just doesn't have the strength to do them yet. When I set the car seat on the floor he will grab the sides of the latch if he's impatient.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)