AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are you always suppose to give money/gift for funeral
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Not quite the middle
Posted 10/25/2016 15:59 (#5599548 - in reply to #5599042)
Subject: RE: Are you always suppose to give money/gift for funeral

NE SD
Our son passed away totally unexpectedly in June. In the obituary we said we would be establishing a scholarship in his memory at Lake Area Technical Institute in Watertown SD where he attended college in the diesel program. We requested that in lieu of flowers or food, that all memorials would be used to establish the scholarship. Because my son was a diesel mechanic at the local JD dealer for 15 years in our hometown he knew everyone, the outpouring of cards and memorials was tremendous. We were able to set up a fund at LATI to help a student in the diesel program each year for many years to come. I agree though that I felt comforted in reading the personal notes in each and every card.....and yes a return address is so helpful. I had to make a few phone calls to track down some addresses. Personally, when I send a card and the family has not designated what the memorial money will be used for, I send a donation in memory of that person to our local volunteer ambulance crew as they are setting up a training center and need more equipment.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)