AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

True stuff!!!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

00rooster
Posted 10/25/2016 08:41 (#5599062 - in reply to #5596833)
Subject: RE: True stuff!!!!!!

Running the grain cart used to be a stressful job when we didn't have much of a plan or radios in the cabs. Got some radios and a routine and now its a much easier job.

All they have to do is get the right distance beside me.....get in the right gear and rpm for the speed control....then its the combine operator's job to make sure all the corn gets in the wagon. We unload at the same location in the field every round for a predictable routine. I know how far I can go with the combine before I'm full(not far), so I know exactly when I'll need to unload.

We run two small carts instead of 1 big because they travel about a mile to unload. On non-irrigated corn I can usually just make it 1/2 mile rows and get turned around, there is a cart there and we unload all the way to the other end, I go back and repeat...predictable and low stress. In irrigated I can't make it 1/2 mile so we harvest from the inside-out so the combine auger is always on the outside. Cart follows me from one end to just past halfway, they stop and wait for me to come back on the other side and unload back to the end.....next grain cart is there and we repeat....predictable.

If you just do the same exact thing every time, at the same speed then it makes life easier....and get some radios in those cabs for when you need to communicate.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)