AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

5088 yield calibration losing estimated weight.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 10/21/2016 11:41 (#5592970 - in reply to #5592951)
Subject: RE: 5088 yield calibration losing estimated weight.

roaming
cptnemo - 10/21/2016 10:28

I hadn't thought of that, maybe something to look into. All fields have a boundary and variety tracking is being utilized, plus all weigh attempts have been performed outside the field. Would it be easiest to just enter a new field name such as test essentially eliminating a field boundary and variety tracking to narrow down whether or not these two things may be affecting our estimated weight problem dropping out?

Edit to add: Had not been ending task because was unsure if problem may have been related to a button press.

When you press the "Stop" button at the end of the cal wizard, the system stops collecting data into the active Task (the one you want to use for calibration), and automatically creates a new Task that will hold any additional incoming data.

I think what's happening is that you're leaving the calibration Task open while you move to a different part of the field to weight. Automatic variety tracking is then changing the Task to a different Task because you enter a new variety, and that causes the weight to change. This is just a guess, but I have never seen this issue myself, and haven't heard of anyone else with the same problem, so I think the issue is caused by a very specific sequence of events.

Press the STOP button when you're done collecting crop for calibration, and BEFORE you drive to your dump/weigh site. See if that fixes it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)