AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The math does not lie
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 10/16/2016 11:48 (#5584167 - in reply to #5583962)
Subject: timing is a bugger

Pittsburg, Kansas

Alberta Farmer - 10/16/2016 08:52

and it likely can go on much longer than any of us believe it could or should.  Who wants to pull the card out that will destroy their own system also?  The eventual fail will be epic, but predicting the timing is not something I am willing to attempt.

Timing is a bugger. And it has already gone on longer than what I thought it could have.

But I have this bad habit of thinking people are rational and reasonable. Actually I do not think that, but in my thought process about how things will likely turn out I forget that a significant portion of the population have a lot less rationality than we give them credit for. Things like the "efficient market hypothesis" are complete bunk because a significant portion of people are anything but reasonable and rational. But when I think things through I make the incorrect assumption that others will see what I see and see the logic I see. And that is my downfall (one of many actually, LOL).

That is why I am surprised when things do not work out like I think. I assume many people look at the situation with a rational and logical mind. It is more likely the opposite.

John

Edited by John Burns 10/16/2016 11:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)