AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What does it take to find someone who truly wants to be on the farm?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

culter
Posted 10/15/2016 16:07 (#5582640 - in reply to #5581441)
Subject: RE: What does it take to find someone who truly wants to be on the farm?

s.w. Wi.
My wife always wanted to live on a farm. She found out quick that the work never seems to stop and she hates it with a passion. She does not help me very much, but she hates all of the time it requires. Now that times are tough her attitude followed.
I have friends who farm a lot of acres and one of the wife's said she would never be a farmers wife or have kids, yet there they are farming thousands of acres with 6 kids. She quit her job as a teacher to homeschool all of the kids and doesn't know what her husband is doing and likes it that way. She is devoted to him and he is devoted to her just like God said in Ephesians 5:22-28
She does her part and he does the best job he can for her and his kids. The kids love farming with a passion.
Don't lose sight of what is important, when you get married.
When times get hard a good wife will know what's important and will know when there are things beyond your control (prices,weather etc..)
Don't play any blame games and be truthful and you will be surprised at what will happen.
If you don't make time for her you can forget it.
Do not ever think that you know what she is thinking, but try to understand what she needs.
Nothing will be more work than having a good marriage.
Good luck, don't be in any hurry, the "one" comes when the time is right.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)