AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 7210 Monitor Holder
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WildBuckwheat
Posted 9/29/2016 20:27 (#5555821 - in reply to #5555523)
Subject: RE: JD 7210 Monitor Holder

Middlesex County, Ontario
Hello tlarson4430

I looked for something to hold more than one monitor for my 7410 and didn't come up with anything either. What you are looking for is called a monitor caddy. It might be worth googling that term to come up with more ideas.

If you look at the shoup caddy that you linked you can see its made from two pieces of steel stock welded so that there is a gap inbetween. The monitor caddies made by deere for 8000's are the same type of construction. The steel use in these caddies is 3/8" x 3/4" steel strap spaced 1/2" apart.

I ended up making my own caddy for the 7410. I'm not sure of any dimensions I used besides what I posted above. I went for a vertical bar type mount. It basically runs along the front right A pillar from the cab ceiling to ~18" above the floor. I used 3/8" x 3/4" steel strap for the whole project. I cut the two long vertical pieces, two 2" pieces, and welded a rectangle which spaces the long pieces 1/2" apart. Then I removed the plastic plugs from the A pillar, made some steel strap "fingers" that bolt to the cab pillar holes, and carefully tacked the frame to those mounting fingers inside the cab. Careful welding inside the cab. I spaced it so the frame is a few inches off the A pillar which gives me room for wires to exit monitor. It doesn't cut down on visibility much since the exhaust runs behind that pillar anyway. I can still see where the front wheel runs.

The caddy holds my GPS monitor, Hardi sprayer monitor (its about twice the size of any other monitor), the T2 gyro box for my autosteer, and my planter monitor. Most guys mount the T2 box on the floor with tape or screw it to the mat but I wanted it away from feet and mounted more rigid so I made a little shelf that bolts to the caddy.

I have a crappy picture posted here: http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=460762
Its not much to go off of for building one, but it gives you an idea of if you might like that vertical monitor layout along the A pillar. I think the visibility out the windows is much better than what you would have with a bar running across the right side of the cab. I guess the picture doesn't show the planter monitor, but it mounts underneath the terrain box.

I did have to move the rear view mirror to the left side of the cab. There are holes in the cab for that from the factory.

You can see in my picture that wiring becomes messy with multiple monitors quickly. I should shorten all those trimble harnesses.

Edited by WildBuckwheat 9/29/2016 20:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)