AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beginning farmer loan - FSA
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Canderson012
Posted 9/26/2016 20:28 (#5550574 - in reply to #5550340)
Subject: RE: Beginning farmer loan - FSA

Houston County, GA
I'm 22 and have borrowed from them before. $300,000 max for equipment, operating and land. Unless they guarantee a loan for land through a bank. I have never borrowed money to operate, always payed chemical dealer and fertilizer dealer at the end of harvest which is very helpful. FSA have been helpful to me buying necessary machines. Farm credit too, I really like sign and drive financing at dealers. The paper work and hoops can be aggravating with FSA but make friends with the employees and they will generally be as helpful as possible.

80 to 550 is a big jump. I have never grown more than 60 acres in one year. but I am in a speciality crop. Just make sure you pencil everything out at very conservative yields and prices. I am always for us young guys growing and sticking our necks out there but Id hate to see a young person get hurt financially. Good luck!!

Another thing, fill out the paperwork as soon as you can. They have ran out of financing the past 3 years I think. I filled out an app for a $35,000 tractor in april and they didn't have money til now. Someone defaulted in early september and I was able to get their funds since mine was on top of the pile.

Edited by Canderson012 9/26/2016 20:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)