AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Surprised me today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 9/22/2016 08:48 (#5542622 - in reply to #5542306)
Subject: RE: Surprised me today

Buxton ND
"weather guys seem to think the southern half of S.America could have a challenging growing season"

Mmmmm, is Captain Kirk selling subscription down there now ?
Remember how it worked going "all in" on OUR #drought2016's poker game ? ALOT of guys got all bulled up early summer with visions of sugar plum and $5-6 corn. We had a pretty fair chunk of producers that folding with a pair of 2's going into month end August while the commercial/end-users sat with a full house. I think we could call that the "DP Low"

SA protecting acres ? Mr. Market did that last summer with all time record high prices payed the Brazil growers in REAL's. Have not heard a single report the last months, but IMO they have been in full steam ahead mood clearing land. Bean acres up only 1-2 % while corn acres are said to be up 10% does not quite match. Yeah their economy is a mess but I would not expect any land to sit idle as Mr. big boy commercial's will make sure they get financing.

Yes some areas are way to wet but do we wanna focus on just those areas ?

Then we'll hear about exports this morning,,, looks to be just another buy the rumor sell the fact Thursday morning

Huge crop of bean being harvest in ND land, 50ish in the poorer arras's, up to 60 -65 in the good dirt. 65 beans in ND to nuts. Its called August weather and SEND SIZE..... And its NOT my little area either.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)