AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Banking Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tara Farms
Posted 9/20/2016 14:07 (#5539578 - in reply to #5539509)
Subject: RE: I have read all of your post Just

Red River Valley
didn't mean to imply that you were folding up your tent at all.

would take the time to go in and have a very frank conversation with the banker about what they are thinking -- which I have every year --

The reason for the frank conversation is that I do not believe that there are many true bankers left in the business most are simply loan officers -- there was a time when a banker knew how to help you get out of trouble if you were in it, those "bankers" are few and far between now days -- most today only worry about how to get themselves out of trouble and I prefer to separate myself from those type that work in the banking Industry.

edit: When you have that frank conversation expect and embrace the frankness in which he talks to you, These conversation should be a two way street for example if he tells you that the 36 acre parcel with two tree groves in it is not worth 1/2 of what you paid for it don't tell him to KMA but understand that he finds that parcel to be more of a hinderance than a asset and decide how that reflects on your balance sheet. (Again this is an example not reflective of your position.)

Edited by Tara Farms 9/20/2016 14:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)