AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Understanding depression
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

BurkFarms
Posted 9/10/2016 09:28 (#5520883 - in reply to #5520813)
Subject: RE: Understanding depression

East Central Indiana
Teach84 I am a man of faith and have a relationship with God that I'm always trying to improve and feel you could not be anymore wrong!

Saying depression is a spiritual disfunction asinine. The FACT is God tells us there will be struggles in life. And it is FACT that depression is a medical condition that makes those life struggles much harder for some.
So do you believe that having the flu is a spiritual disfunction?
God has the power to heal anything, but too often people don't see how he does it. God gave Doctors, nurses, chemists, all the gift of great knowledge. He uses them as a tool to heal us. Having a close personal relationship with God doesn't mean he will instantly cure someone of a medical condition(I'm not saying it doesn't happen). But more often times than not he answers our prayers by making people like doctors and nurses available to us. I sit here with a baby in the NICU and fully believe this staff is the answers to my prayers.

In fact its wrong for someone to pass judgement like you are. Instantly labeling someone who has depression struggles as not having a solid relationship with God. God tells us we can judge a situation but not pass judgment on someone. When you are free from sin teach84 then you can cast the first stone.

I know some incredible Christians that have had bouts with depression. And if anything I admire there strength.

Plain and simple it's a medical condition.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)