AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Understanding depression
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

teach84
Posted 9/10/2016 08:25 (#5520762 - in reply to #5520654)
Subject: RE: Understanding depression

west-byGod-Pa.
(in part) it can be physical, as in changes in diet(most especially getting missing vitamins & micronutrients into one's system), certainly mental, as none of us can say that our thought systems do not need re-working, but most of all spiritual: caused by a non-relationship (or damaged one)with God, and last of all & most importantly, a need for deliverance from demonic activity( in conjunction with a restored or created relationship with God). Lacking that, life often goes in a direction unplanned, unwanted, & difficult to deal with. Here in the states, "The American Dream" is often spoken of, & that (for many) has been destroyed. Now what?, Once one becomes older & seemingly locked into a position & place in life, there can seem to be no way out. That is the open door for depression. This society is full of depression. As children grow up, they take on a self-created idea of what life is about, where it will take them & so forth. Marriage & relationship that goes in a bad direction often is an open door for depression. That said, above all else depression is a spiritual dis-function, in need of an actual real functioning relationship with almighty God. We as humans, were created for Him, & our first function must be to get it right with Him. Yes, there have been many "men of the cloth" who have succumbed to depression. When one sees the human condition as I have: third-world, ministering in mental hospitals, prison, out on the street, it could easily be enough to cause depression in & of itself. Only a strong relationship with God keeps me balanced(my opinion). I meet with an older lady in a Christian Ladies' group setting who has(sometime in the past) buried her husband, & week before last her THIRD son. Now, how does one deal with that? Answer: only a strong REAL relationship-NOT A BELIEF SYSTEM- can pull her through(and will). ALL humans have a belief system-it is not possible to be human without one, BUT Christianity is NOT a belief system(yes ALL Christians have a belief system-they are human)-Christianity is a RELATIONSHIP- an actual "physical" relationship(my term-not God's) with the Creator of the universe. That is what so many are missing
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)