AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

You get what you pay for sometimes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

milofarmer1
Posted 9/9/2016 19:33 (#5519963)
Subject: You get what you pay for sometimes

Texas/New Mexico Stateline
Time gets away. Back in my bachelor days I was wanting a place out on the farm to live. So I bought what I could afford, and got to live where I wanted on my Grandpa's land. I bought a smaller double-wide mobile home. And is has served me, and now the family well. Sometimes it gets crowded with a family of 5 and I wonder if we maybe should get a bigger one. I have the thought that it is just a house, and having a big fancy house is not a priority with me, and not for the wife either thankfully.

Then I have to deal with stuff like this. We needed a new storm door, and of course this mobile home has a shorter door, so it was a special order. Got the new one in and it is a nice Larsen door that is about 3X heavier and stiffer.

I went to pull the old storm door trim off and the trim is basically all that is holding the main door jamb in!!! I just couldn't believe it. There seems to be maybe a metal strap on the top, but along the sides there is absolutely no screws all the way up and down. Years ago I did put in longer screws through the door latch plate to strengthen it, but that is it.

The new storm door trim is different as it does not wrap all the way around the door frame to the house wall. I will have to put on some molding, and I intend to fill the gap with expanding foam. Talk about shoddy construction.

(20160909_191910.jpg)

(20160909_191927.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20160909_191910.jpg (51KB - 158 downloads)
Attachments 20160909_191927.jpg (71KB - 147 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)