AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dealing with insurance co....how fast (or slow) should we hear from them???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

pirlbeck
Posted 8/30/2016 22:14 (#5500548)
Subject: Dealing with insurance co....how fast (or slow) should we hear from them???

West Central Iowa
It will be one week tomorrow since my wife was hit by a young man when he ran a stop sign. Here is a link to a post I made last Wednesday morning wondering about a good body shop in the area where the car was towed to.

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=652958&posts=7...

After a week, the only contact I have had with his insurance company is a phone call I placed late last Friday. At that time I found out the info they had (which I was told came from the kids agent reporting the claim) was all messed up. They had the passenger listed as the driver/owner of the car and had no information of anyone else in the vehicle. Anyway, I would think 7 days would be enough time for an adjuster to at least look at the car and get the ball rolling for either repair or replacement. When I talked to them on Friday I tried to get them to authorize a rental car for us and they would not even talk about it until they determined if their insured was liable or not.

Anyway, is this the normal time frame and I just need to be patience or do I need to push them some, maybe to at least authorize a rental car.

Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)