AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

wheeled hay rake question for 3 windrows
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MX 170
Posted 8/30/2016 10:59 (#5499101 - in reply to #5498889)
Subject: RE: wheeled hay rake question for 3 windrows

Kansas
Thanks for your thoughts. We do the same trick your doing. Just makes extra trips. Our 1st and 2nd cutting is usually heavy enough that 2 together is just fine and then it's raked onto dry ground. 3rd -5th is usually light enough that it dries fast enough, just raking right in front of the baler to speed things up. Also on 3rd-5th I leave it unraked until baling because it helps to toughen quicker, with hot dry summer nights baling sometimes happens right before dawn. If I had a rake that could put three together at once would be great. Our current rake is a M & W 16 wheel. It was bought new in 2003 and has been pretty good for us. I think speed is hard on the teeth, over 10.5 mph Just wondering if an 18 wheel would work or a 20 would work better. Going that big I think a flexable one would be important. I could also rake two together in morning and put 2 2's together right infront of the baler if I needed help with drying. I have a 1998 hesston 4790 and it's hard to keep it full under 10 mph. after the second cutting. The new ones are suppose to have more capacity but I can't figure out how I would keep it full. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)