AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for coup and others
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

cornstalk
Posted 8/30/2016 16:28 (#5499736 - in reply to #5499719)
Subject: RE: Question for coup and others

Anderson County Kansas
I didn't think I would ever get it paid for at those prices. I got married in 91 and our first bean crop that fall made 7 bushel. I bought ground in 89 for 250 an acre, 91 for 400, then in 95 my brother and I bought the section where I live, by brother bought the half section where he lives and my dad bought a quarter. They gave 400 for theirs, we gave 475 for the section where I live now. It had a house, and a good location. My Uncle bought a half section in 93 for 325 and 240 acres in 94 for 375. The whole time we were buying this land the neighbors were saying we were crazy and would never get it paid for. After 95 land prices started inching up, but prices just went up slowly for the next 10 years or so. Now we can look back and see it was a great time to be buying land, but at the time it was just like buying land any other time, you weren't sure if it would work or not. It was the only time in my life that payments were as cheap as cash rent, I doubt we ever see that again. When I was buying this ground Kstate was telling young guys like me to buy equipment and rent ground, you can farm more acres that way. I am glad I didn't listen to them.

Edited by cornstalk 8/30/2016 16:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)