AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Central Ind. from Oh. airplane crop tour, 8/24/16.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

sj3788
Posted 8/24/2016 19:01 (#5488013)
Subject: Central Ind. from Oh. airplane crop tour, 8/24/16.

swohio
Left Middletown Oh, which is in Butler co, airport this morning and flew to Indianapolis. This would cover Liberty, Connersville, just north of Rushville and then just south of I-70. Corn looks good for most part, but did see dry/burnet spots though out. Beans also looked good, but also saw lots of areas that had come back after the rain last 2 weeks. Pilot and I agreed overall looks good. Sure some got hurt. Flew then over the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. My favorite place. Have not missed a 500 since I started going in 81. Then the most incredible thing, a Indy car going around the road course! Truly looks great on the ground and now from the air. Touch and go at Eagle Creek and then onto Columbus. Landed and ate lunch at the airport. Then back to Ohio. Most beans from Columbus Ind. to Oxford Ohio look very good, corn not bad either. Not much in the of weeds for most part, but there were a few that was pretty weedy. I'd say maybe 90% had little to no weeds. Looked at all my crops and overall very happy how they looked from the air. Knew where I missed about a 1/2ac in beans post spraying and you can see them from 2500' so easily. Overall crops are so much better than last year when we flew to Lima Ohio. So much had water damage then. Not sure we saw much of anything with too much water today. If you ever have a chance to go flying over your crops, truly worth every minute.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)