AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best over the counter ant-acid medication
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

rosiesdad
Posted 8/19/2016 19:20 (#5478778 - in reply to #5478491)
Subject: RE: Best over the counter ant-acid medication

Western-Central Lower Michigan
Buster 50 - 8/19/2016 15:51

Greg in NCIA - 8/19/2016 13:20

I've been on Omeprazole for about ten years and didn't realize I was killing myself!  My father treated severe acid reflux with Tums for years.  He died of esophageal cancer at age 61.  I was in the room when the surgeon diagnosed his cancer.  He then proceeded to describe what my Dad had been going through with heartburn for years. It was spooky listening to him describe it.

I was starting to have similar symptoms.  I went to my doc and got scoped and have been on prescription Omeprazole since then.  I very rarely get heartburn anymore.  I guess I haven't heard the horror stories about this drug.  I give it credit for saving me from the similar pain I saw my Dad go through for thirty years. 

I had my esophagus scoped and stretched before I started it too. The doc told me about the cancer too. I just decided that there might be some other way to control the acid problem. The doctor just pushes the easy fix I believe.

My Doc wants to surgically "tighten" the valve to the stomach. Also I have a hi-atal hernia that he can correct at the same time. Worst part though, said liquid diet for 30 days after surgery. I LOVE TO EAT. (what else should I expect from a surgeon). Meanwhile Im on a restricted diet and Omeprazole forever.
Kind of scary as I lost a buddy 2 weeks ago to cancer brought on by this. He had cancer surgery and chemo, and never could swallow much, pretty much liquid and popsicles then after 2 yrs, the cancer came back.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)