AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HDMI to Ipad Pro
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tgordon
Posted 8/21/2016 13:20 (#5481692 - in reply to #5474046)
Subject: RE: HDMI to Ipad Pro

Western, ON
You want to use a security cam and watch it on an Ipad. If you are in fact using it for security it would be a cell network connection, we got a D-link camera put it in the babies room so we could check in on him as he will lay up there for hours wide awake but not moving enough to hear anything. Just set-up the cloud accound and you can access it anywhere in the world.

I am guessing you are wanting to use it to monitor stuff on equipment and trying to save a few dollars.
Option 1 is to go with a box system, depending on your machine a lot of the new factory display systems can handle cameras being connected directly to them and if not they are a simple plug and play. With this one you get simplicity, support , and possibly a better picture with durability in exchange for the cost of the equipment.

Option 2 get a outdoor rated camera that is networkable. This is simple what I have knowledge of, but with our D-link it can be connected to the router via wi-fi or cabled. Simply put router in cab connected to battery power , run power to location for camera, download the app onto the Ipad and connect to wi-fi. Then you are not having to deal with any connections at all in this whole deal other then power and not routing any cables into the cab. You will have to verify power required for what you are using, I looked and my router here is 12v dc. Here you are possibly saving money (Check for yourself I never have compared), can connect an unknown number of cameras, if using on combine grain cart tractor could also connect and watch the show and depending on the camera can move the view to see what is not in direct line of sight. The possible downfalls, image quality/stabilization, OEM support could be lacking, complex system with more items to possibly fail, camera durability, and the largest for me would be the fact that every time our camera looses power it returns to "home" position and we have to rposition it.

Each option has its points, you have to decide for yourself what you are willing to tolerate.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)