AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Where to buy a computer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

golfnut
Posted 8/14/2016 18:59 (#5469082 - in reply to #5469066)
Subject: RE: Where to buy a computer?

Central Nebraska

frytownfarmer - 8/14/2016 18:46

koldkanuck your description is why we went with mac in the first place... we really like the mac... we also really want the new one with a cd rom... apple is going away with the cd roms... and they cost 3xs as much!

golfnut
just wondering if there is a pc computer that stands out with as solid a reputation as mac that also has a cd/dvd rom drive 

my wife will mainly use this for Facebook, photos (photos are important!), shopping on amazon, email, and dvds for the kids on vacations...

i know that sounds too simple... but i don't want something that is unreliable, constantly needs updated and viruses... i don't want viruses... i might just stay with mac due to the simplicity!

It sounds to me like your leaning towards Mac and I won't talk you out of it (I'm typing on one right now).  The DVD drive option is going to push you towards the larger units with bigger batteries as well.  If you go PC look at Dell.  Hard to beat their prices and quality.  You can always format the hard drive and reinstall the OS without the crapware.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)