AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sprayer Tender Setup/Ideas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mw44
Posted 7/30/2016 01:00 (#5440231)
Subject: Sprayer Tender Setup/Ideas

NW Ohio

Looking at investing in a better way to tend the sprayer. Right now when I need to refill, I just drive back the farm, refill on Chems and water, and make another run.
Sprayer holds 1000 Gal, so my current production is around 500 acres a day. I'm happy with this figure, looking to be more efficient.

Right now I'm at different options.
First, Gooseneck with a 3200 Gal tank, 2 bulk chem tanks, inducer ect.

Second, Semi (I would have to purchase one) with a 40-30 Ft Flat Bed, 3200 Gal tank at the back, 1100 Gal tank at the front, 2 Bulk Tanks Ect.
I will have more room with this option. We could use a semi, but the farm doesn't necessarily NEED one currently. Worried about insurance, and other hidden items associated with the cost of ownership.

Third Option, Purchase a 30Ft Stainless Tanker. Its a single compartment, 5000 Gal, has the pump installed, 3" Plumbing. Would like to know if anyone has used one of these to any success. Planned on using the space under the Tanker for chemical storage. I see guys running around with a single 250 Gal tote, and they get by just fine. I know I can fit 400 Gal of "space" under it with some custom SS tanks.

Tanker looks like  http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/trailers/for-sale/5033773/1985-h...

Again, Worried about cost of owning and insuring both the tanker, and semi.  I do not plan on hot loading anything currently.

Price

First Option - Buy Trailer, Tank. = $17,500

Second - Semi, Trailer, Tanks = $17,000 Semi, $7,000 Trailer, Tank = $28,000

Third - $17,000 Semi, $18,500 SS Tanker Trailer, = $35,500 (Without the Custom Chem Tanks, I can build those myself.)

I looked at this http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=636462&pos... for the idea of using the military trailers.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)