AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It's been 7 "last time this happened," or "it begins," or "you are here,"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

emtbd1979
Posted 7/25/2016 21:24 (#5432438 - in reply to #5432424)
Subject: RE: For all of you that think things need to get fixed here is a little thought from

west central illinois
Tara Farms - 7/25/2016 20:17

Years gone by,

Many here believe that the market can't stay at these levels for very long well lets lookata little reality.

Way back before Ethanol was a popular thought some us were fighting tooth and nail to get it started, we were running around to every farmer friendly half baked politician trying to convince them to give us a chance. I personally was in 8 different states and Washington DC knocking on closed doors getting a foot in and telling them about how ethanol would revitalize rural America ( this was in the days of the Buffalo Commons ) one by one and piece by piece we built a coalition of greens and farm state legislatures and all of the sudden bang we were in play Ethanol was on the board.

The funny thing is those of us that pushed for this touted and proclaimed that ethanol would pave the way for $3.00 corn and now we seem to not be able to survive on the dream we hoped for.

This time we have to fix our problem before we have any chance to get others to fix it for us.

Right wrong or indifferent we will be forced to get our price structure under control

I'm sure that a flaming is acoming

but IMHO the next fix is up to us

the way it was before ethanol was a disgrace also. You can't argue that. Come out of the greatest ag depression since the 30's then went into a government funded ago consolidation of the livestock industry with a huge carry out number we couldn't use. A flaming? No I won't say you are wrong but I'm not going to act like the way things were anything this country should have been proud of.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)