AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crop ratings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

LKM
Posted 7/25/2016 20:57 (#5432360 - in reply to #5432313)
Subject: RE: Irrigated?

Ridgway, IL
Have 1306 side by side with 1477, to me the 1306 looks better... That is at least to say the kernel counts are higher, however we are led to believe the 1477 will compensate with very large kernel size, as well as a slightly higher planted population than the 1306. 1306 is new in our region this year, so our quantity was limited. We have 1306, 1309, 1477, 1659, 32b16 all white this year. To tell you the truth, from my walks, old faithful 32b16 looks the best. Cousins have a 155 ac of 32b16, walked a fair amount of it and I don't think I found an ear with less than 750 kernels, very good ground there

The ears pictured are from a non irrigated part of the field, we ran pivots hard for most of jun, but starting from July 3 we've had 15-20" rain. That's really hurting late and replant corn, of which there is a considerable amount. Amongst my family, I believe we will have corn go 250+, and some that will struggle to break 100. We're set up better for dry weather than wet.

Our delivery points are to the various river loader on the ohio, as well as a tortilla plant. We've contracted ours with barge loaders, fast turn times and we are rolling with a smaller crew this year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)