AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cattle market???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

RampageRanch
Posted 7/25/2016 13:03 (#5431571 - in reply to #5431530)
Subject: RE: cattle market???

niobrara nebraska
With you there Garvo.......I would hate to be your shoes. I have no idea. If I was buying our calves it'd think about 1.50 for the steers 1.35 for the heifers weighing 850ish. With the way corn price is you wouldn't get burnt too bad if things would stabilize or heck even go higher. If the market would rebound to 1.30 wouldn't that be something? Been a long time since you could buy 800ish heifers and sell them fat for nearly the same dollars per hundred. Problem is the last 18 months pretty much give you a bad taste. It might be the time to gamble on all the bad news.
Old wealthy farmer/rancher/feeder in this area always said the time to buy is when no one else wants too. Especially if a banker says "bad idea"! That's how you know the bottom is near. Back when cattle where high and the bankers said "Go full steam Ahead!" Makes me kind of want to go for total dollars. Been a little to easy on our side of the fence the past couple of years. We used to finish everything 10 years ago, then backed of to 1000ilbs and now 800 ilbs. Just not any profit for the extra weight, someone else wanted to do it cheaper.........Now might be the time to rethink things back the other way?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)