AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rattlers pic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jbatmick
Posted 7/25/2016 18:20 (#5431999 - in reply to #5430690)
Subject: RE: Rattlers pic

Hastings, Florida

Several weeks I was reading on-line a little neighborhood gossip type blog kind of like AgTalk. All the folks who live in my area post items of local interest. I mentioned I had killed a true coral snake on our main road, and advised everyone to keep an eye out for those rascals. This is the third I have killed over the years.
 You would of thought I suggested allowing a serial killer  to live here. Folks told me not to kill them , they would come move them.Now we are talking coral snakes here, and they are very deadly, but these tree huggers do not see a danger in allowing these bad boys to be where we live, and kids play.
 Now I have re-located several rattlers, from urban / rural areas to the deep woods. I do believe they are pretty, but they have to go one way or the other .The last time my Dad REALLY got mad with me as a kid I had put a 4 -foot rattler in the back of my pick-up, and planned on moving him to the deep woods from where I had found him in a planted field. My Dad was walking towards my pick-up, to get some jumper cables, and I told him to not go near my truck. Now he hated all snakes, and when I told him the reason he should stay away from my truck, he sure lost it on me.
 The one snake I will always send to snake heaven is a moccasin, which I truly despise.Rattlers, I will try to move, If I can. If I can't , he gets a bullet.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)