AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sad loss in NU and MSU
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

berggrenfarms
Posted 7/25/2016 08:56 (#5431180 - in reply to #5430605)
Subject: RE: Sad loss in NU and MSU

Nebraska, The land of corn and cattle

I knew Sam personally, Greeley is only about 15 miles from me. My parents and his have been good friends for a long time. He was the kind of person that epitomizes what it means to be a Husker and a man. Small town farm kid, who happened to be good at football, turned down scholarships to other schools and walked on at UNL, worked hard, earned the starting spot and a full ride. He was poised to go on and play on Sundays but you would never find anyone more humble, and down to earth. He truly just loved to play football. He was at a kicking camp and felt that he hadnt kicked very well, and stayed late after the camp to kick some more balls thats why it was so late. 

Right now there is a huge hole in the hearts of Nebraska, and especially right here in this area, we all were so proud of Sam and what he had already done, and what he had the potential to do. He was the pride of Greeley Nebraska.  That little boy in the picture is Sams nephew, Lane. I doubt there is anyone who is more devestated than him, he looked up to his uncle so much.  It really hasnt set in yet that hes gone.    

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)