AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hard to be bullish when......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Chief Illiniwek
Posted 7/24/2016 22:26 (#5430721 - in reply to #5430634)
Subject: RE: just curious for you guys that think it's a very good crop

West central IL
Don't know Tara I'm torn. 94 million acres is a lot. Those acres weren't necessarily from the I states. Couple that fact with reduced inputs, lots of heat, and a crop that has been periodically stressed in several different regions for a good part of the growing season and I just don't see a number like 175 as a national average. That said a lot of us have gotten crop saving rains in July. I guess I'd think it was roughly trend since Iowa is so good.

I know I've read over and over on here that no rain in June is a good thing. The corn was just putting down roots. Well I've been a recipient of some seriously nice July rains and the ears on my corn just aren't that impressive. Like I said not 13 or 14 ears.

I'm not trying to "talk up" this market like some claim bullish ppl are doing. As I've mentioned I'd just assume it tests those lows the chart guys talk about and bounces up so we can get some technical momentum, and in the meantime use up a lot of this carryover and nice crop with some added demand from cheap prices. But I really do think the uber bears calling for this 175 national average are gonna find some disappointment out in the field.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)