AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere 9560 cleaning sieve problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jd-tom
Posted 7/24/2016 07:44 (#5428916)
Subject: Deere 9560 cleaning sieve problems

SW Minnesota
I was harvesting oats yesterday with my JD 9560 walker machine and I heard something banging when it was running. Shut it down and discovered that the frame that holds the lower sieves was breaking up inside the combine. Got all the chaffer and sieve elements removed last night along with both the frames that hold the chaffer and sieves. Looks like I will need to replace both frames for sure - lower one is pretty much destroyed and the top one has enough wear in a few spots that I'm not going to spend time trying to repair it.

Now my question is - what caused this to happen? I've worked on enough combines in the past to know that when this happens, there is usually a bearing or rubber bushing out somewhere in the shaker drives. I did a preliminary inspection of this drive train and didn't find anything obviously wrong. The main shaker arms that are hooked to the eccentric that does the shaking appear to be "in time" and all the "idler" hangar arms with rubber bushings in them appear to be in the center of their stroke with the mount bolt tight. So, where else should I look? Do these machines have problems with these frames breaking up just from normal wear/usage? (There are about 1400 separator hours on this machine) I just want to make sure that I don't miss anything before I install new frames and potentially have this happen again.

Any thoughts?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)