AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 7/24/16*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 7/24/2016 07:35 (#5428904)
Subject: *****Weigh Ins For 7/24/16*****

Good Sunday Morning, HOT, HOT, and more HOT and throw in HUMID too. But we did get rain with the crazy hot weather. First we got over two inches a couple days ago, and then yesterday we got a slow day rain of 7/10's. So the corn is really growing and we were lucky and got third cutting off and got some manure on the sand ground and now it all got washed in and forth cutting is emerging nicely already.

I need to get my lawn mowed today before we head out for a little camping and trail riding up north tomorrow. Usually like to wait until the grass is dry, but don't think I can wait today. Maybe more showers today and the humidity won't let the grass dry anyway.

So how are you handling the hot weather, just eating ice cream? Sounds good to me. Do you sweat a lot when you are outside? Make sure you are replenishing plenty of water. I have to wear a wicking sweat band if I am doing any work outside or I will have sweat dripping off my nose and in my eyes and that burns. Please be careful out there. I know you have to do certain chores even in weather like this, so take care of yourselves.

How did the scale treat you today? Dave was really surprised as he lost another 3 pounds. He is down over 8 pounds and for a guy that doesn't vary much, this is good. After my big loss last week, I managed to stay the same. Wanted to lose, but just didn't happen. Now camping this week, not going to be easy.

I will be able to respond today, but leaving in the morning, so if you are a late poster, might miss you unless you post right away in the morning. I will have cell service until we get up to where we are camping. I am assuming this anyway. Northern WI has not been very cell phone friendly for us in times past.

Have a good week everyone, stay cool, stay smart.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)