AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone really dialed in an Ontrac2 on RTK?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ShopTeacher
Posted 7/23/2016 22:06 (#5428530)
Subject: Anyone really dialed in an Ontrac2 on RTK?

NW MN
I have an Edge with Ontrac2 steering system getting RTK from a Raven Phoenix 300. It's a low budget system and I am well aware of Ontrac2's limitations, but I think I can get it better. Was ok on my CX90 and I figured the small size and wheelbase was the biggest issue. Weaving offline 3-4" was the big problem. Just moved it to my non-super steer 2145 Versy (8670A NH) and it is better but not by much.

Setting the steering up on the gravel road I was very pleased with the performance but once I hit the field I was not. Dialing it in on the road I can keep it under 2" 95% of the time with maybe one 3-4"'offline error per half mile. Once the tractor is on bumpy ground it weaves side to side significantly, 3-4" off line almost all the time. It seems to be that the side to side rocking is causing the issue.

I have tried lowering the antenna height setting as that worked very well on my 836 Versy in keeping it from weaving. I doubled the wheelbase setting as I did on my CX and 836 but no noticeable difference. Motor aggressiveness is at 14 and heading and offline is 16. Antenna is mounted just forward of the cab at roof height, tires are 14.9 set on 66" centers.

Does anyone have some setting tips or tricks that they have used on a MFWD tractor? My goal would be to get the steering to the point that I could follow my sprayer tracks in broad acre crops without running down another 4" of crop each pass. Following 22" rows with 14.9 tires reliably would be awesome but I have a feeling it will be out of reach without upgrading to an Ontrac 3 or Raven Smartsteer as those systems would run off my Phoenix.

Any tips are greatly appreciated!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)